Sunday, April 18, 2010

Loot--the Knitting Kind!

I have been blessed lately with knitting things. First of all, from my dear daughter and her family for my birthday, some stitch markers. The design is particularly appropriate because my DH's backyard chicken, Henrietta, is a Rhode Island Red. I thought about trying to photograph the markers with the chicken, but I could see all sorts of problems with that idea.
Accompanying the markers were two skeins of Claudia Handpainted fingering in the colorway "Cabin Fever." For reasons I'm not going into right now, the name of the yarn is appropriate. The colorway itself is absolutely beautiful. She included the little extras that always come from The Loopy Ewe in the gift.


We spent the afternoon watching Season 2 of Monarch of the Glen, and I began knitting the Traveling Woman Shawl (Ravelry) from the beautiful Claudia yarn that I got for Christmas. I had intended to make socks, but those colors are my best ones, so I decided I wanted something I could wear closer to my face. I think this smaller, scarf-like shawl will be perfect.
Note: We are really enjoying the Netflix Watch Instantly capability since we have the little Roku player hooked to our television. We spent the afternoon in Scotland, without a commercial, a news bulletin, or intrusive sports scores. I even missed NASCAR. We just took a break whenever we wanted. It was really nice. The show has some interesting sweaters, too.
I was also lucky enough to win some yarn in a contest held by a fellow English teacher on her blog. The yarn is Wollmeise Twin. It is truly lovely yarn. Thanks, englishtch!

1 comment:

Deb said...

What gorgeous yarn! Love the stitch markers too. I miss Monarch of the Glen. I loved that show - I will have to put it in my Netflix queue. Happy belated birthday!