Sunday, May 30, 2010

Retired!

As of 9:45 a.m. yesterday, I am officially retired! Now I should have some more time to do things I want to do--fibery pursuits of different sorts, reading, and children and grandchildren!


As a retirement bonus for myself, I have ordered a Kindle 2. I received an unexpected retirement-related check for almost the exact amount this week, so I decided to go ahead. I am still going to try to use the public library here whenever possible. We have a very nice one for such a small town, but some books are not available there, of course, and it is miles and miles to a bookstore. Pictures will follow.


I also have a list of things that I have been putting off until this point that I want to do to the house, etc. None of these are are very big, but there are a lot of them, mostly to do with rearranging for efficiency or decluttering. Number one on my list is changing out the shower head to the new one that I have stashed! I am determined to finish that little project this weekend! It appears that my darling husband installed it while I was asleep. It works great, and I may stay in the shower forever. Can you knit in there?

6 comments:

Knittinreed said...

Congratulations on your new-found freedom!!!!!
Sure - knitting in the shower is blocking as you, no?

Pooch said...

Congrats on your retirement! Its an exhilarating experience that gave me such a new perspective on time! You can do whatever you desire--including knitting in the shower!
:)

Deb said...

Yippee! It probably won't hit you until that first day of school next year when you don't have to go back -- at least that's what my retired friends have told me! Enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy so more!

Deb said...

The so in the last sentence should be a some!!

Kate G. said...

Congratulations! You've earned that you time. I'm looking forward to those FO's piling up on Ravelry. This is going to be fun.

Cathy said...

Enjoy the retirement AND the Kindle! I have a sort of rule of thumb with the Kindle - first I check to see if it is at library, if it is, I check it out. If it is a LARGE book and cumbersome for my hands (arthritis), that is a consideration to put on my Kindle. If it is a NEW BOOK and I can't get it at the library and really want to read it right then and there, I get it. Otherwise I wait.
Then there are the free books on Kindle, and that is always nice :)