Wednesday, June 30, 2010

And Then There Were Two


The second sleeve is finished! Like a second sock, it seemed to go faster than the first one.
I am running from one things-I-should-have-done-a-long-time-ago task to another, doing a little bit here and a little bit there. For example, I'm moving files by email from a very old computer to my new one because I don't have any other way to back them up and get them there. That is slow and boring, but the end result will be that I will have my files where I want them, I can get rid of an old desktop, and I can set up a more efficient home office system. Right now, the office is there, but I'm typing this in my kitchen. On a laptop. The keyboard in the picture is because I don't really like typing on a laptop so I attach a keyboard and a mouse unless I have to be portable. And all my paperwork is all over the kitchen. However, the moving task is so boring that even with the aid of an audiobook, I'm only good for about an hour at a time. One advantage to doing it this way is that as I download the files I'm putting them directly into an organized form, rather than doing a mass upload of data and promising myself to fix it later. Today I we hung the new curtains in our bedroom. They are just sheers, but they are nice ones and give a whole new look to the room. Now I just have to get the rest of it cleaned and straightened.
I'm even flitting around in literature:
Audiobook--a repeat listen to the Physick Book of Deliverance Dane
Kindle--The Moonstone
Book--The Clovis Incident: A Mystery

1 comment:

Deb said...

I used this very same yarn for a baby blanket for my "Third Son's" upcoming baby. He's actually my neighbor's son, but he and my own kids were inseparable growing up. He's always called me Other Mom!