Sunday, August 01, 2010

Totally Random--No Pictures

I haven't posted in a while because life has been too disconnected to write about. Here's what's been going on--

  • DS and his family are moving to a nearby city because he has a new job. They have been househunting, his wife has been jobhunting, and I have been providing moral support and occasional babysitting. I hate to see them leave here because I will miss them, but they will not be far away, and they will be in the same city as his sister and her family, so that will be convenient for Grandma visits!
  • I decided my efforts to organize my life as a retiree weren't working with the "little bit here, little bit there approach." There was so much to do that any efforts on that basis weren't even noticeable. Therefore, I decided to really work on one area, so I have been moving my home office back to its former location, both to set up for plans that I have for later on and to get it out of the kitchen, where it had drifted over the last few years. It was causing a mess in there, and was totally inefficient. I am almost finished. I have to dispose of the outdated equipment tomorrow when I can drop it off for recycyling, and then I can move the current newer equipment into that space on Tuesday. This has been a slow process involving much sorting of paperwork, setting up new files, and filing.
  • I have been knitting. I'm going round and round on the body of a Wonderful Wallaby, and I am knitting a pair of socks that is giving me fits. The lace pattern on the socks is very easy, so easy that I think I have it memorized and then realize I've done it wrong--very frustrating. On the other hand, I like the way the socks are turning out!
  • I have been reading more. If you look at my Shelfari shelf in the sidebar. you will see that I have been reading kindle books and listening to audio while cleaning.

No comments: