Tuesday, September 07, 2010

A Good Day

This was a good day for several reasons:
  • I was back at the Women's Bible Study. My Kindle is still very convenient for that purpose.
  • Today was also the first meeting of the local Retired Teachers group for this year. I had a great time, and I learned some things I needed to know about services at our new local hospital. New building. I also had a great time visiting and learned that a raise in benefits is probably not coming--no surprise there.
  • I also learned that the Quilting Club that I'm attending beginning Thursday has a very loose definition. Knitting is acceptable. I actually have some very small patchwork projects to work on as well, but they are not yet ready to stitch, so I'll just work on the baby blanket and a sock on Thursday. I'm 63% through with the blanket at the moment.
  • While we have not found the source of the mysterious water leak under the laminate in the kitchen doorway, it is evidently not leaking now. We have checked the sink, the dishwasher, the icemaker line to the refrigerator, and the consdensation line. I am glad it has stopped, but it would be nice to know where it came from. At least we are not on a concrete slab, so if we need to get someone underneath to look, we can.

No comments: