Friday, September 17, 2010

Phinally Phinished and Photographed!



The color is hard to photograph indoors, but at least the design shows up. This is the finished blanket for a baby boy. It's about 38" square. The yarn is Hobby Lobby's I Love this Yarn Tweed in navy. I'm not sure if it is in the stores--I ordered it from their web site. I chose this particular brand for washability and softness, as well as its good-wearing qualities. The pattern is from Ravelry, but it is also available on the blog here. It's a great pattern. She has other wonderful baby blanket patterns on her blog as well. Take a look!




Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness;
Close-bosomed friend of the maturing sun. . . .




This is about as close as we get to the autumn mist described by Keats, but the sunlight glows with the yellow tones of autumn. Silage-cutting is finished; the corn that will be cut for grain is standing in the field awaiting the combine; grain sorghum is ready as well; and the fields are being prepared to sow winter wheat.


3 comments:

Deb said...

I like the blanket! I've made something similar called Baby Blocks. I think it was a Debbie Macomber pattern. Love the Namaste bags too. I bought myself a knitting bag at the annual League of NH Craftsmen show in August which I love. It's holding the beginnings of a sweater for myself. I've been drowning in schoolwork so I haven't even picked up my needles in 2 weeks!

Knittinreed said...

Pretty blanket. I love the texture.

And the vista is lovely...

lorrwill said...

Phantabulous!