Monday, October 04, 2010

A Christmas Project--1/4 completed


Fortunately, my grandchildren are still too young to get to my blog by themselves, so I can post Christmas projects as I complete them. These are pillowcases for my youngest granddaughter. She has a twin bed, so I made two different cases that can switch off. My own children used to enjoy character pillowcases that I made from fabric from the fabric mart. Those were just plain fabric tubes, stitched across one end, and then hemmed. I know we had Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, and Popples, and I think some with cars and perhaps dinosaurs. Grandmothers have time to get a little fancier. These pillowcases are made from quilting cotton with prairie points. The fabrics are all from Princesses by Elizabeth Studio. I ordered them from Up, Up, and Away Quilts. The pattern is from allpeoplequilt.com.

No comments: