Thursday, October 21, 2010

Things Are Looking Up, Wallaby-wise

I have been struggling for a couple of weeks to finish a Wonderful Wallaby, a pattern that I've already made several times with no problem whatsoever. I have had to frog back four or five inches and detach and reattach the sleeves twice because of really stupid errors. Then I discovered another one--I was adding cables to the raglan decreases. Because of not thinking ahead properly, the last few inches of the cables had to be worked with half of them cabled from the purl side in order to match the two on the other side. That was slow and painful. In the end, though, I think they look ok. I am past that part and about halfway through the neck ribbing, with only the garter stitch hood to go. Unless I do something really stupid with that hood, I should be finished fairly quickly. Of course, I could repeat the same sort of stupid mistakes that I had on the sleeve/body froggings.

No comments: