Thursday, November 04, 2010

Pocket Fused


This will be the last Wallaby feature of this sweater. The pocket is fused, and after the debacle of the last sweater, I checked and double-checked everything about it. From here on, I plan for the sweater to be a seamless saddle shoulder in the Elizabeth Zimmermann tradition.
The color is actually a denim blue, rather than this gray or the brighter blue of the last post. I must say, however, that I absolutely love this yarn! It is slightly rustic in feel, and it creates a fabric with character that is yet remarkably even. I like it so much that I ordered some in the heavier weight for a wrap that I want to make for myself. It is backordered, so perhaps I'll have my other knitting finished by the time it comes in.
I'm having a quiet knitting and miscellaneous day at home. It is so nice to be able to do that.

No comments: