Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful

We are not having our family Thanksgiving dinner until Sunday, so I still have preparation work to do. However, I find that what I am most thankful for this morning is that I do not feel the need to "do" Black Friday, ever. The last time I got caught up in that kind of frenzy was the year Cabbage Patch Dolls were new. That must have been about 29 years ago. I am home, snug and warm, in my p.j. s, headed for a cup of hot tea, an audiobook, and kitchen prep. Life is good! And peaceful! And in between? I can knit:-)

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm with you about Black Friday. Some stores here opened at midnight, some at 3 or 4 a.m. "Late" opening was 5:00 a.m. From what I've seen on local news, there were lines of people waiting everywhere. I live in the midwest, and the temps were in the 20's. I will never understand it.

Pam said...

I agree. I never did Black Friday, and I never will. You won't catch me near a mall at this time of year either. I just don't have the patience for all those crazy people.