Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just Checking In

  • All purchased/completed Christmas presents are wrapped and tagged (I used to leave the tags off just to frustrate people, but with 4 grandchildren, that's an impossibility.) and will be under the tree as soon as I move the vacuum cleaner.
  • The ham for Christmas Dinner, which will actually be on New Year's Day, is in the freezer.
  • I am heating up my sewing room now for the other items I have to start and finish--2 sock monkeys with clothing and two wardrobes for 14" toddler dolls. We had a cold and windy spell for a few days that would have made heating that room a challenge and expensive. By this afternoon, the outside temp should be in the '60s around here, so things will be comfy. I have already loaded my MP3 player with a couple of audiobooks for marathon sewing sessions.
  • I need to finish the menu for the dinner.
  • Knitting--I've been working on dishcloths for a housewarming gift and intermittently knitting on my Three Way Wrap. I got in an assortment of some yarn colors from Pisgah Yarn and Dyeing, the Peaches and Creme people. In today's economic climate, I rather like the idea of knitting using yarn that is grown and manufactured in the U.S.A. (If it were manufactured in Texas, it would be even better, of course.)

No comments: