Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Little Listening; a Little Knitting

DH was down with a cold yesterday that really made him miserable.  He almost never complains or lets anything slow him down, so I know that he must really be feeling bad if he says anything.  As a result, we stayed in and quiet all day with cornbread and a big pot of homemade cowboy stew.

I listened to the end of one audiobook and all of another.  The first book was not worth mentioning, but the second one was fun.  It’s a mystery that is more of the cozy type, and it appears to be the first of a series.  The setting is in a fictional coastal town in the San Francisco area of California.  Anteatercover-210The protagonist is a daughter of one of the founding families of the area which has fallen on hard times.  Ignoring her socialite background, she has found a fulfilling career as a zookeeper, but when a member of the most prominent family in town is found mauled to a bloody pulp in the enclosure of the Giant Anteater, she has a crime to solve.  The man had been shot, but, nevertheless, the crime threatens her charge, and subsequent developments threaten her own life as well.  This book is a fun listen.  I look forward to the next book in the series.  I downloaded this one from the Free Library of Philadelphia.  I must admit that I found the title irresistible.  I am ready for number two.

I did knit yesterday.  I completed a few more inches of the Three Way Wrap that I started a few weeks ago.  I also finished a set of dish cloths for my etsy shop.  I am basically trying to complete one item a week for a little while until I get enough inventory to make it worthwhile for people to even look at the shop.

Today, I’m going to do my best to get a few more inches knitted on the Three Way Wrap after I run some errands in town.  It looks like a lovely winter day outside, the kind that we often have at this time of year.

1 comment:

Knittinreed said...

Sorry DH was down. There's a lot of respiratory stuff going around.

So I am curious - what is cowboy stew?