Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Windup

Winding Dream in Color Smooshy (Ruby River) from The Loopy Ewe with a ball winder and a Mama Bear Swift I love the cherry swift, and so does my husband, who doesn’t have to hold the yarn anymore while I wind on. This time, I am weighing yarn because this yarn is for a Clapotis, and I need 1/5 for the beginning section, 1/5 for the ending section, and the rest for the middle. The yarn was a Mother’s Day gift from my daughter’s family. Every available Clapotis chart is downloaded; I joined the “How Do You Pronounce Clapotis?” group on Ravelry; I looked at numerous projects to decide on yarn and needle size. The time has come to start this project!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love the yarn - color and feel of it. I used it for some socks a while ago. I own the Mama Bear swift too! It's one of the best investments I've made. The clapotis is on my list of eventual projects. I'll be interested to see your finished project.