Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Valentine Gift for my Hubby

These will not be ready on time; however, I would not have had the pattern if I had made them earlier, and I really like the way these socks are turning out. The first picture is a fairly accurate representation of the color. Ironically, this pic was made with flash.

This picture, in natural light, is too bluish,

IMG_0524

but without the flash you can see the wafflely, ribby texture of the sock pattern. It is also wonderfully stretchy and will conform to the foot well. I recently joined the Six Sox KAL group on Yahoo. I became interested in them from reading Terry Morris’ blog, The Sailing Knitter (a wonderful read) and from finding patterns on Ravelry that I did not have access to because they belonged to the group. This will be my first pattern, and it is one of Terry’s designs. I plan to stick to the pattern except in the heel flap area. My DH has a very high instep, so I will add extra rows to the flap in order to make the gusset taller. The yarn is some Trekking that I had in my stash. I chose it because of the masculine colors and because of the yardage in the skein which should give me some comfort room for bigger socks.

1 comment:

Anni said...

Love that yarn. My husband could do with some valentines socks but he won't be getting any. LOL. I need some before him. I may try and aim for a pair for his birthday in May. I may just about manage that.

Good luck with your socks.