I finally revived my courage to try warping the Cricket loom again. I have begun weaving. There is definitely a learning period, particularly in dealing with aspects that are not covered in the videos. I had lots of trouble getting the shuttle through at first before discovering that I just did not have enough tension on the warp. I tightened and tightened, and now it is better and much, much easier. I am also going to have to fiddle with ergonomics to find the most comfortable position in which to weave.
I also found that I just couldn’t wait to begin the sweater for the KAL. I have decided on a size for the neck and yoke and bustline area, but there will need to be alterations to other parts which may take me some time to figure out. Besides, I was spending some extensive time today with Midsomer Murders, and I needed knitting! The pattern begins with the outside edge of the collar in the pattern stitch that is used for front panels and hem edging. I finished three repeats:
Otherwise, it was a frustrating day. A study group that I was looking forward to didn’t meet. I tried to mail off a Woolee Winder bobbin to Hansencrafts for repair and discovered that the Post Office is now closed from 11:30-12:30, in addition to closing earlier in the afternoon than most places. I finally connected with the dishwasher repairman, only to discover that he can’t come until after Labor Day.
Tomorrow, I plan to use a free Amazon movie credit to watch the new Jane Eyre.