Monday, December 05, 2011

Precipitation and a Warm Hat

Snow!

photo(17)

This won’t be much in the way of moisture, but it beats high, dry winds, and it is certainly better than nothing at all. 

I haven’t accomplished quite as much the last couple of days as I had planned.  I stumbled over a box yesterday and banged up a knee a little bit.  All appears to be well, and I’m getting around today, trying to keep anything from getting stiff while letting it heal.  Fortunately, this is good knitting weather.  And it is GREAT retirement weather.  In this little town, driving to work in the snow was never much of a problem, but walking from the parking lot to the building could be a real challenge.  My husband would also have to clear sidewalks at our business. Today we didn’t have to do any of that.Open-mouthed smile

OTN:  The Gingerbread Hat in Knit Picks Swish Worsted, color Bordeaux.  My intention is for this to be one done for the next Hats for Sailors deadline on Memorial Day.  If it goes to someone else before then, I’ll just knit another.  The pattern is easy, and I’m enjoying the cables, since it’s been awhile since I did any.

I’m going to spend the rest of the evening with my knee up, knitting, and watching a new episode of The Closer

2 comments:

P. Joan Gavigan said...

Hope your knee feels better:) Don't you just love the Closer? Cannot believe you all got snow before we did!

Deborah said...

That's a cute hat and will look great in Swish. I've used that yarn before and it's very nice and soft.

Take care of your knee!