Thursday, December 08, 2011

A Short Knitting Post

The Gingerbread Hat:

Gingerbread

This design is by Angelrae Knits.  The yarn is Knit Picks Swish Worsted, in Bordeaux.  The actual color is much more of a wine/maroon color than the picture.  The cables were fun.  I modified the pattern a little bit:  I knitted the size M on size 8 needles and used 84 stitches.  In addition, I changed the decreases at the top:  the pattern gave instructions for a regular gathered top and a more rounded top.  I used the more rounded instructions, but I also modified the placement of my decreases in order to make a more “straight up” run of the cables.  I intended for this hat to be unisex, since it is for Hats for Sailors.  This yarn is a dream to knit with.  I’ve used the DK before, but not the worsted,  I’m definitely a satisfied customer!

I didn’t knit today.  I wanted a break before starting the Wallaby.  I did spend a little time this afternoon tidying up some leftovers from projects and unraveling some of the previously knitted squares and rolling them into balls to be ready for my next Mitered Cross square. 

We had a roast from the crockpot, spinach, and beets for lunch/dinner.  In retirement we sometimes just eat one meal in the early afteroon with a light snack in the evening.

No comments: