Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Wallaby Diary, continued

Yesterday was my husband’s birthday, so we drove up to Amarillo, bought groceries at United, and had lunch with the children and grandchildren.  All in all, it was a very nice day, but I got only a little bit of knitting done.

Today, I slept late after a restless night, and we spent some time putting together (him) and setting up (me) our Christmas/anniversary/his birthday present to each other, a new flat screen for the kitchen.  It’s a 22” Samsung, and will replace a very old 13” tv that we have had for probably 20 years.  The picture had gotten so fuzzy that we couldn’t actually read much of anything that scrolled across the screen.  This is going to be a real luxury.

I did, however, make some progress on the Wallaby.  The body is knitted up far enough for me to stop and drop back and pick up the stitches for the Wallaby pocket. I am going to try to get the pickup done tonight.  The pocket is one of my favorite parts of the sweater.

I finished listening to a really suspenseful mystery, Love You More by Lisa Gardner.  It is definitely a mindbender that keeps the reader interested and involved.

1 comment:

Soonerbeknitting said...

Sounds like a nice day - I surely look forward to retirement!

I enjoy watching your Wallaby grow. That is on my list.

Hope you and your family have a great holiday!