Sunday, January 22, 2012

Doing My Bit

Tonight was Episode 3 of Season 2 of Downton Abbey, with World War I in full force.  I needed a knitting project, so I decided that nothing I needed to knit would be more appropriate than a hat for Hats for Sailors, so I cast on a Button-Tab Hat in Knit Picks Swish Worsted:

button band hat

By knitting a little bit of overtime, I did finish the button band.  The rest of the hat is plain stockinette, so it will go much faster.  I really like the dark teal color, even if I don’t remember at the moment what it is called.

The wind blew hard almost all day, with up to 50 mph gusts here and much higher than that in Amarillo.  With only 10-15% relative humidity and power lines being blown down, fire danger was high, but we managed without a local disaster.  I’m not sure what kinds of wind damage happened here, but the wind in Amarillo destroyed my granddaughter’s new trampoline.  Here’s hoping tomorrow will be better.

I did manage a little more cleanout in the future sewing/knitting/weaving room, and I have more planned for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Love Dowton Abbey, also Poirot, a two hour one, which I watched last night, then bonus an hour one. I practised my crochet!