Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Grandchildren

My grandma had a saying that God made grandchildren “closer to the floor.”  My aunt said that she used to say the same about her children until they were grown up.  When you heard it, you could be sure that she wanted you to pick up or to hunt for something.  Well, today my 4-year-old granddaughter paid me a visit.  When she came, she brought one of those little Barbies that McDonalds is giving away.  When her dad came back after her, she couldn’t find it.  Well, guess where it was?  Down low, snuggled up with my missing ball of sock, needles, and yarn!  The one I had looked for all last week!  I suppose Grandma was right.  In my own defense, it was in a spot without much traffic on a background that made the stripey sock pattern as good as camouflage. Barbie was in a bright pink outfit.

Now I’m 2/3 through with a sock on DPNs.  My plan is to finish that sock, knit a hat for the cancer center project, finish the lost sock, knit another hat, and then alternate knitting the second socks with two more hats.  I’d like to have 10 hats altogether to send off during the first week of March, but I’m not sure I will make it, since I have some other obligations that I cannot or do not want to give up.

No comments: