Monday, January 23, 2012

A Quiet, but Satisfactory Day

Quiet as in the way we spent the day and quiet as in no wind, thank heavens!

I had a really good night’s sleep last night, got up this morning and watched two episodes of a British television series while finishing the hat that I started the previous evening.  The button is on, the hat is soaked, and it is blocking right now.  I will photograph ASAP.  I’ve even started another hat, this one for a different charity project from the Craft Hope blog, involving hats for small children who are having chemo.  I’m using some odds and ends of some very soft yarn that I happen to have on hand.  I began the first one tonight while watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith.  I know it’s a Brangelina classic, but I’d never seen it.  This particular broadcast included the extra scenes that are included on the DVD.  That was interesting, but it rather spoiled the suspense.  Anyway, I got a good start on the hat.

More progress on my “room.”  I managed to drag an upholstered chair all the way out to our “storage” room.  It was much too uncomfortable to sit in, mainly because it had a tendency to tip over backwards if you even relaxed back a teeny bit.  I have another chair in mind for a replacement that will be comfy for knitting, but I don’t want to move anything else in there until I get the other furniture arranged.  Tomorrow I have more items to move out.

I’m on allergy meds due to the wind yesterday.  It’s entirely possible that the red cedars are already pollinating as well.  My DH has been sneezing and coughing all day.  I’m not sure if it’s allergies or a cold—he’s a man and won’t admit to anything!

Tomorrow will be a meat loaf day!

No comments: