Thursday, February 16, 2012

Knitting Again

I have two active WIPs right now: another child’s hat and Wingspan, which I cast on this afternoon because I just couldn’t wait. 

Because I’m doing quite a few hats right now, I ordered and received a 16” circular in the size I commonly use with worsted yarn so that I didn’t have to bother with the sliding and rearranging of Magic Loop for most of the hat.  Now I am undecided because I’m finding that the much shorter tips necessary to make a 16” work are awkward for me to use.  My hands were cramping a little bit.  I am changing my technique a little to see if that helps.  The Wingspan is on regular circs, so it is not a problem.  I’m going to switch back and forth to see if giving my hands some rest helps.

I don’t have any exciting listening as far as audiobooks go right now, but I’ve started a Kindle book that promises to be interesting:  22 Britannia Road.  I’m not very far into it, so my opinion may change.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I was so glad to see the Wingspan on your blog. I have some yarn that I've been looking for the perfect pattern for, and that's it. So I'm going to be knitting it, too.

I use ChiaoGoo Bamboo 16 inch circs in size 10 to knit hats. They are perfect and my hands don't get tired. The bamboo gets very slick after several hats. I got them at my LYS.