Monday, February 13, 2012

Perplexed!

photo(1)

The apparent difference in size is a matter of perspective.  I really like to knit identical twins because I often wear them with lower cut shoes, and when I look at my feet, I like to match.  I did fudge a row on the top of the cuff to make it work out.  Notice that the stripes match beautifully all the way down the sock to about 3 stripes up from the toe, and then the pattern changes!  It had the ill grace to do this right in the middle of Downton Abbey!  The very idea!  At least this part won’t show when I wear them. 

The DPN knitting was much smoother on the second sock.  For one thing, I was more comfortable with where I had to put stitches to avoid overloading needles while knitting the gussets, so that part went very quickly.  Thanks to Winterkill and Downton, I went all the way from the gusset decreases to the toe yesterday.  I still have toe-up socks in my queue, but I do so enjoy turning heels and kitchenering toes!

Today, I must have a Towanda! moment with a store manager—ongoing situation—and try to make some progress on the craft room, now that the temperature is warming up a little bit.  I need to study a lesson for the Bible study tomorrow and do some general chores around here as well. 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Your socks look great! I can't imagine myself knitting as much as you did in one day. I know I'm not very fast, but my hands also get crampy and tired. Do you knit several hours straight through?

Noreen said...

These are just great! But when I knit socks for myself, I often like to make them different. Way different. As in, the same yarn, but with the colors reversed. Maybe it's just a way to avoid that "second sock syndrome."

Panhandle Jane said...

I can see doing reversed color or very different second socks. That would be fun. I just don't want the "she tried to make them match and goofed up" look. That bothers me.

Panhandle Jane said...

I can see doing reversed color or very different second socks. That would be fun. I just don't want the "she tried to make them match and goofed up" look. That bothers me.