Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wingspan!

 

Wingspan is knitted!

photo(4)

This pattern is indeed a very quick knit.  Yarn is Schoppel Wolle Zauberball Crazy in Submerge.  I had a little left, but not enough for another triangle beyond the eight specified in the pattern.  Needles were size 4, 3.5 mm.  Tomorrow I will soak and block it.  I plan to block firmly, but I want to preserve the triangles rather than stretching them out of shape. 

I think the only change I would make to the pattern if I were to knit another one is to change the edge, which uses a S1 as if to purl, giving a chain stitch finish on the edge.  As long as I’m not having to seam something, I rather like the slightly picotish edge that garter stitch gives, and I think I would have preferred that to the chain stitch.

Perhaps I will have time to block the shawl tomorrow after church obligations in the morning. 

Spring is slipping up on me.  I really need to knit some lightweight shawls for myself—quickly.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I agree with you on the slipped stitches. If I make another one, I will just knit the first stitch of every row.