Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hat Pic

Finally, a picture of the latest hat for Hats for Sailors:

  • Pattern:  Checking on the Colonel from Ravelry.
  • Needles:  U.S. 6
  • Yarn:  Knit Picks Swish Worsted in Bordeaux and Rainforest Heather

This hat is an “extra”—one I hadn’t planned when I bought yarn.  It is knitted from leftovers of two other hats, so that means that I can make one more hat than I intended for this project out of the yarn I had budgeted.  This is the last of the worsted.  Now I have some hats to knit from Swish DK.  Perhaps I’ll get an extra or so from that yarn as well!  The deadline for this set of hats is Memorial Day.

I am still not back 100% as far as lace knitting concentration goes, but I am treating myself to recuperation by overindulgence in reading, and I am off very early in the morning to spend a day with my youngest granddaughter while her dad is at work and her aunt is out of town.  She just told me on the telephone that we are going to play and read books.  It sounds like fun.  (I am packing a hat knitting project to take with me because she still tends to be a good napper.) 

Note:  I just removed the small child seat from my car today and replaced it with the booster-size seat.  They are all getting big so fast!

1 comment:

Deb said...

I like that hat! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better.