Saturday, March 17, 2012

NOT

cmHOUSEWIFE_ARTICLE_narrowweb__300x443,0

I am throwing a small pity party for myself.  After a week with only partial sewer, and two days without, necessitating trips to the convenience store and the Public Library, we can flush, shower, launder, and run the dishwasher.  However, this state will only be good till Monday, when we will again be disconnected intermittently so that the outside part of the line can be replaced.  Yep, this involved the part under the house.  It involved cutting another access through the floor on the other end of the house.  It involved cutting through the wall through the backs of two base kitchen cabinets.  Above all, it involved the dust under a pier and beam house billowing up into the living space through both those floor openings.  My sinuses are killing me.  Everything is covered with grit.  I can put some things back in place, but there’s little point in doing any real cleaning because they are going to have to get back under again on Monday!  The worst part is that my face hurts too bad to knit, or at least to knit successfully.  The work crew has been very nice and considerate.  It’s just life, and it is going to make life much better to have these things working well, but. . . .

On the other hand, I’ve probably not found going to the bathroom to be such a thrill since I was about 2!

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Hang in there. This too shall pass.