Saturday, March 10, 2012

Scattered Saturday

Bad News:  We are having sewer line problems.  The line that goes to both of the main baths, including the shower and the tub, is completely stopped up and unusable.  The other line that it joins is making funny noises, but it has the kitchen, the washing machine, and, thank heavens, a toilet.  It will be at least Monday before someone can come to work on the line.

Good News:  Since we couldn’t do much here this morning, we drove to Clovis for a pizza for lunch.  The good part is that we drove in such a heavy mist that we had to use wipers going and coming!  This is the most precipitation we have had in awhile, and, yes, we did refer to it as “rain,” just because.

Knitting:  I am still knitting on the Ashton Shawl.  I have one more repeat of the all-over pattern on the main part before I transition and begin the edging.  I could knit more right now, but I decided I want some beads.  I couldn’t find any in Clovis today, so I ordered when I got home.  That means I have until at least Tuesday to finish one more repeat and then the one-time through of Chart C before I need to start with the beads.

So. . . .

I have begun some special holiday knitting.  Tiny knitted bunnies from the Mochimochi Land blog.  I’m using up some sock yarn leftovers, so mine will be more “natural” colored bunnies than the pastel or primary ones that some knitters are making.  For the moment, I am stuck until I go hunt up my bag of stuffing in the other room.  

No comments: