Monday, May 21, 2012

Good to the Last Drop

I’m sewing for the granddaughters, and at the same time I’m trying to use some fabric that I have stashed over the years.  The tops I’m making right now are from some very nice quilting cottons that I accumulated, not for quilts but because I thought they might be cute for children’s garments.  This “good stuff” has all the soft comfort of cotton, but takes a minimum of ironing.  Mostly it can be tumble-dried and sprayed with wrinkle release. 

In 2003, I sewed this romper for a preemie--

pattern

Remnants from preemie clothes turn out to be fairly large.  I just finished sewing another School Picnic Blouse for her 5-year-old sister.  The color in the baby picture is accurate.  The other pics are made with incandescent lighting.

photo(76)

The blouse includes an elasticized gathered patch pocket that is my added detail.

photo(77)

I’m hoping to include a tutorial with the next blouse, which will be of the size 10 blouse for the baby pictured above.  She grew!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

What a sweet baby and cute baby clothes. That's perfect fabric for little ones.

Deb said...

Makes me wish I had little ones to sew (or knit) for - or should I say for whom to sew??