Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mostly Silence, with Breaks

I’m still sorting out and packing.  Much is going to the donation pile and the trash, so the boxes aren’t filling as fast as you would think.  That means, though, that I am doing a monumental-sized declutter, and I’m glad about that.

For recreation, I’m checking the net, watching Presidential debates, listening to audiobooks while I work, and watching a daily episode of the Cadfael series on Netflix.  They posted some that hadn’t been on before.  Alas, I will run out of episodes before the packing is done.  I mention them because the episode that has "Rose Rent” in the title has interesting connections and glimpses to wool processing and weaving in that time period.  I didn’t spot a spinner, which seems like an interesting omission, but perhaps I missed it in the background.

Off to pack another box while listening to The Inn at Rose Harbor by Debbie Macomber. 

Random observation—I know I read somewhere that one of the most easily identifiable smells is new crayons.  I think one of the most easily identifiable sounds has to be tape being pulled off a roll.

No comments: