Monday, November 26, 2012

Movie I’m Going to Try to Avoid Seeing

unless my curiosity gets the better of me.

Jack Reacher, the protagonist of the novels by Lee Child, is a favorite literary character of mine.  When I saw a preview starting, I was excited.  Then I saw Tom Cruise.  Then I looked up the film on the IMDB.  Hollywood, the whole background of Reacher’s ethical character is informed by his background, ex-MP, growing up as the son of a Marine and a French mother, ex-Major in the US Army.  His outstanding characteristics are his size—6’5” and 250 lbs, his fighting skills, and his unassuming style of dress as he wanders across America.  So the movie has made him into a PI, played by Tom Cruise?  I can’t imagine Reacher without the military background. 

I’m going to have trouble accepting this one. 

1 comment:

Deborah Hamilton said...

Tom Cruise is very short so he does not fit the physical description. He's also a pretty bad actor. He couldn't even fake a German accent in the movie Valkyrie.