Sunday, December 30, 2012

Knitting at Last

Evidently I’m easing back in with a small project—house socks to keep my toes toasty.  I thought of this before we moved, but I wasn’t sure how slick the floors would be.  Even the tile is not slick at all, so I can wear some snuggly warm worsted socks to keep my toes cozy in the evenings.  Bell Lace Socks, available on Ravelry.  Yarn is Plymouth Encore from my stash.

photo(123)

For those of us of a certain age, the assassination of JFK was THE pivotal historical event.  I was a 9th grader.  I just listened to the audio book of Killing Kennedy by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard.  I found it to be a very compelling lesson, and I think the book does a good job of setting the horrible event in the context of the events of the day.  Because I lived in a section of the country where Kennedy’s policies were not popular, I was aware of that background.  I also think the book endeavors to be fair and not to muckrake about the less flattering aspects of Kennedy’s personal life that have come to light after a number of years.  This is not a book that purports to solve any remaining mysteries about the assassination, but it was interesting.

No comments: