Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

 

Nativity-Cross

Today we had our first dinner in our new home.  “Dinner” as in guests.  My son was here with his friend Amber and her son Parker.  Lunch was fairly simple.  We had ham, potato salad, baked beans, broccoli-rice casserole, carrots, and a traditional family dessert.  We did not have out the china and linens.  The china is in place, but I still haven’t unpacked cloths.  Yesterday I bought a Christmas heavyweight plastic cloth at the grocery store.  It is muted red, green, and blue snowflakes on white.  It actually looks good in the space.  Complete with clear plastic disposable plates, it looked very festive.  The two little ones sat at the little kiddie card table.  That much independence is always a thrill.

Now we’re settling in for the quiet part of Christmas.  I had intended to go downtown tonight to Christmas Eve services, but an unfamiliar parking lot in the dark with a storm coming in does not sound like a good idea.  So, after DH wakes up from his nap, I’m going to try to snag him into a trip to top off the gas tanks and get a soft drink before we settle in for perhaps a couple of quiet days.  If the storm doesn’t materialize, I’m thinking about a movie tomorrow.  If it does, we’re all set with leftovers, and I have my knitting needles back, thanks to the generous efforts of my son and his friend.  I had promised him a hat earlier in the year, so now would perhaps be a good time.  Now that the sofa is in the living room and the kitchen is is relatively organized shape, it’s beginning to feel like a home. 

In a few days, we will get together with my daughter and her family.  They are busily passing around a virus of some sort at the moment, so we are sticking to virtual contact.  Then it will be Christmas all over again!

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to all of you!

No comments: