Thursday, December 20, 2012

Notice

In case you’re not on my Facebook list, let me say that packing ALL your knitting needles in one tote when inadvertently hiring a minimally competent short-haul mover is as stupid as packing all your meds in checked luggage.  When you are unbelievably and increasingly nervous because you can’t find certain stuff, your tranquilizer is among the inaccessible.  It is particularly frustrating when the stash arrived, complete with rather sarcastic comments from the movers. 

I did check references with two people I knew who had used this company, and both of them had good results, which, of course, because I am who I am, makes me feel that the failure must be a. all mine because I have done something wrong or b. personally directed at me.  Neither attitude is productive.  In the great scheme of things, it doesn’t really matter, but I hate being taken advantage of when I tried very hard to make all this go smoothly and when the “taking advantage” involved someone lying about me. 

I must get a grip and think about Sandy Hook. . . ..  

1 comment:

Deb said...

We moved several times when I was growing up, and I can't remember a single instance where things went smoothly. It took us a month to find the fish tank in one move. It finally turned up in a box the packers had labeled punch bowl! In the first long distance move, a reputable national moving company broke the leg of an antique chair, cracked the pedestal of our mahogany dining table AND broke 2 irreplaceable wine glasses my mom had gotten as a wedding gift!