Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hat!

photo(135)

This is a very badly colored picture of a hat that I’m very proud of.  The pattern is the Bend Hat, available on Ravelry.  This hat is even more attractive on a head than it is flat because the contrast between the cabled/twisted section and the ribbing is even more pronounced.  The pattern instructions are very clear and easy to follow, with both written directions and charts. I did rip back to ribbing once and start over because I was having trouble reading my knitting with black yarn at night. I started over in the daytime, got the hang of the pattern, and was able to continue successfully well past midnight! 

The color in the above picture is not true.   Dream in Color’s Black Parade is a beautiful blend of blacks.  The weight is worsted—Classy.  The yarn came from The Loopy Ewe.  I have enough left over for something. 

This hat is for my son.  I have not yet found my wool wash, so I gave it to him unblocked with directions for a soak.  I’m pleased with the pattern and with the yarn, and the fit was absolutely perfect. 

The weather forecast looks reasonably fair for the next few days, but I’m sure we’re not through with hat weather yet, so I hope it will be useful for the rest of the winter.

3 comments:

Deborah Hamilton said...

That's a very nice hat. I like the cables and the crown decreases.

Deb said...

That is a terrific hat!

Panhandle Jane said...

Thanks. It looks better on a head because the design shows better when stretched. I will try to knit more when I knit for Hats for Sailors. It is definitely a skull fitting cap. I think it is more for a guy than a woman. The same designer has another pattern that looks interesting.