Saturday, January 12, 2013

Snow Day!

Today began with an early morning trip to Donut Stop, followed by a donut delivery to our son and granddaughter.  This was an essential trip because I had not had a previous opportunity to admire her vastly increased Barbie collection.  Or check on the progress of the loose tooth.

After we got home, I spent a little more time on kitchen organization.  I had ordered one of these racks before moving into the house, only to discover that I needed two.  Alas, the second was backordered and didn’t come until last night.  Now I can get the flat things out of the tall cabinet without having them fall on my head!

photo(133)

Then, my husband’s brother came by for a visit, and we had a cheese-and-cracker lunch.  I sat down to watch a show on HGTV, and this happened--

photo(134)

In the time it has taken me to write the first part of this post, all the brown spots have disappeared.  We are very thankful for every drop of precipitation, so this snow is very welcome.  I’m going to get my warm house socks back on my feet and enjoy the rest of the afternoon!

Hat knitting is progressing with another pattern.  It is going rather slowly because this is a pattern that requires looking closely at the knitting in progress and the yarn is black. 

No comments: