Sunday, March 17, 2013

As Martha would say, “It’s a good thing.”

Since we moved into the new house, I had been looking for a shower caddy for the big shower.  I looked on all the usual on-line places, compared a number of ones featured on the Apartment Therapy web site, and I still couldn’t find what I wanted.  This time, I did not want one of the ones that stands in the corner with a tension pole.  I think those are hard to clean.  The ones that were shown hanging on the shower arm did not look as if they would accommodate the hanging hose on the personal shower head that we have.  Then I accidentally stumbled across this:

photo(146)

The top two holders will hold the bottles either right side up or upside down.  The lower two would hold shorter bottles right side up.  The bottom shelves serve as soap dishes.  There are hooks for hanging scrubbers on each side, and razors hang neatly through the bars on the soap dish.  There is also a little rubber fitting that fits over the shower arm to keep it from sliding down.  As you can see in the picture, the design allows room for the shower hose to hang down quite nicely.  The holder is manufactured by Grayline.  It appears to be coated steel, and I know from using some of Grayline’s kitchen products that the finish should be quite durable.  I found it by accident from Miles Kimball.  I’ve been using it for about 3 weeks, and I’m quite pleased with it. 

No comments: