Friday, March 22, 2013

Trying Something New

Yesterday I bought 12 lbs. of chicken thighs on sale for $10.10.  While I eat white meat if I’m just eating plain chicken, I like to use the thigh meat in recipes, and I like to buy big packs when they are on sale, cook them up, and then portion and freeze the meat to use in recipes.  The other bonus is that thighs are ridiculously easy to debone.

However, I was not in the mood to do this on the stovetop, so I thought of my Crockpot and did some online research.  I found this site, which gives some recipes and, most importantly, information for doing exactly what I want to do, along with information on a general seasoning to make the chicken less bland but still usable in a variety of ways.  I mixed up some of the seasoning, skinned the breasts, put my liquid in the bottom of the pot, and layered the meat, sprinkling with the seasoning mix between each layer.  They should be ready about 4 or 4:30 this afternoon, and I won’t be having to keep an eye on simmering chicken to avoid a boil over.  I used some Swanson’s vegetable broth for the liquid because I had a little bit in the fridge from another recipe. 

I’ll let you know how this works out!

I was also feeling well enough last night to knit a little bit.  That is a relief. 

No comments: